Sunday, October 03, 2004

Quotations

I'm a quotation addict. I keep searching for that elusive quote that will give me a life altering flash of insight. Every once in awhile I find one that makes me say "aha!", but with most of them I just stop and think "hmm". There's one I saw on a sign in front of a Super 8 motel that says: "Change your thoughts and you change your world." (source unknown) I believe that. In the bible it says "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." and the first words in the Bhudda's Dhammapada states that "All that we are is the result of what we have thought". For the past few years I have been practicing meditation and tried to develop a more positive attitude and I have succeeded in lowering my blood pressure without medication and improving my day to day life at work. It's an ongoing process.

No comments: