Tuesday, October 12, 2004

twenty things you probably don't know about me

  • I’m socially inept (except around friends and family)
  • I paint (landscapes and still lifes)
  • I think we can improve the world if we just learn to take care of each other.
  • I like to work with wood (a fair carpenter)
  • If it’s broken I can usually fix it (with the proper tools)
  • I have an insatiable curiosity. When I’m into a new subject I can talk about it for hours (much to the dismay of listeners)
  • I am amazed at the practicality of computers.
  • I may work for the Postal Service, but my real job is to be Dorothy’s husband, Rachel and Kelly’s dad, and Tara, Sami, Marley Kate, and Hunter’s grandpa.
  • In spite of today’s youth culture, I have no desire to be young again. I’m enjoying each phase of life and it just keeps getting better. (although I have given the kids permission to shoot me instead of putting me in a nursing home) I may not be young anymore but Dorothy tells me I’ll always be immature.
  • I’m physically uncoordinated.
  • I can play the guitar.
  • I write poetry
  • Dorothy’s smile melts my heart.
  • I can cook
  • I worry too much (99 percent of the things we worry about never come to pass)
  • I’m healthy (need to lose a few pounds…..ok more than a few)
  • Dorothy is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.(when we’re out in public I suspect that people wonder what that young woman is doing with that old geezer)
  • I’m a geek (that’s hard to admit)
  • I have the most beautiful, and talented kids and grandkids. (I know you think yours is, but you just haven’t met mine.)
  • I lack self confidence.


    Now email me and tell me twenty things I don’t know about you.

No comments: