Friday, April 07, 2006

i'm tired

I'm tired just from watching Dorothy work. She's on a remodeling rampage. The cabinet doors are spread everywhere with new paint drying on their surfaces. We went to Lowe's today and spent a bunch of money on drawer and cabinet door pulls. I had to order the hinges online.

Dorothy and I have different work ethics. I like to work on home projects at a leisurely pace. If she starts a project in the morning it has to be done before we go to bed even if we work non-stop all day. I like to stop for lunch and maybe take a nap. Lunch for her is a sandwich in one hand and a paint roller in the other. Work should stop before the evening meal and then one should relax with a good book or a movie until bed time. No such luck with Dorothy. As I write this blog post she's still busy in the kitchen.

For the last twenty five years of my work life I had to work on Saturdays. Now that I'm retired I want to look forward to the weekend as a carefree break. So I just don't work on Saturdays. It's just another day to accomplish tasks for Dorothy. I'm afraid we have irreconcilable differences. We're incompatible. We would have split up years ago if wasn't for the fact that she's crazy about me. And I feel the same way about her.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

keep it up, you crazy romantics....

Envoy-ette said...

I'm sure you won't let go of a woman who can get something done in a day! I sure wouldn't!