Sunday, October 02, 2005

one year of blogging

Today marks the first year of the blog's existence. Here is one of my first posts:

What am I doing writing a blog?! If I keep writing every day I'll bare my soul. People will know who I am at my core. Do I want that? And there's the danger that the things I think of as words of wisdom, astute observations, and amusing anecdotes may be perceived by my readers as just mental belly-button lint. I guess time will tell.

I'm still asking myself that question. People blog for different reasons; some to express their political views, some to rant about one condition of their life or another. Me, I just share photos of my everyday life, the grandkids, a poem every now and again. Pretty bland stuff. After 60 years on this planet I'm still trying to find my way, my niche in the universe; and this is just a record of that search.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yet your day to day life ramblings bring people together and let the rest of us vicariously experience a slice of life without leaving our homes. Thanks.

Envoy-ette said...

Well said Dawn! I ditto that!