Monday, October 31, 2005

thanksgiving

Dorothy and I recently had this conversation:

Dorothy: What would you like for Thanksgiving dinner?

Me: The usual; turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, hot rolls slathered with real butter, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.

Dorothy: Don't you want something different? I'd like to do something different this year.

Me: Are you serious!? Aren't you afraid of the Tradition Police? If we had something different for Thanksgiving the world as we know it would come to an end. The universe would roll up like a cheap window curtain and disappear. We'd better not risk it. If you want something different just add a cherry pie to the list.

For the life of me, I just don't know what gets into that woman.

2 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

Hahhaa! So I guess fish is out? My boys love this time of year. We make our own placemats...and they dress up like Indians at the table.
War paint and all!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Dad! Why mess with a good thing.

Rachel