Friday, November 18, 2005

blast from the past

Today, two things reminded me of my work years. One, the alarm went off. That was a most unpleasant sound. We set the alarm because we were to pick up grandson Hunter this morning and keep him until Kelly picks him up this afternoon. I don't know why we set the alarm, we always wake up before that anyway. Two, it was 18 degrees outside and I had to scrape ice off the windshielf of the minivan before we could leave. I was hoping I had done that for the last time after 26 winters of scraping, scraping, scraping. Oh, well. It's Friday. I'll just take the rest of the day off and play with Hunter. He's in the kitchen right now with Grandma helping her to cook -- I'd better go relieve her.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Were you ready for a nap by the time Kelly picked him up? It's so nice that you can be there for him.

Unknown said...

We went to Walmart and when Hunter usually falls asleep while riding in a car,so we were able to sneak a small nap before Keely comes down.