Thursday, November 24, 2005

tastes

What I love about the Thanksgiving dinner is the combination of tastes. The stuffing (cornbread style, is there any other?), the sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green beans; hot rolls drenched in butter (not margarine), broccoli and rice casserole. You just can't beat that combination, can you?

Some flavors are great by themselves. Here are my favorites:
  • Black Jelly Beans
  • Black Pepper
  • Iced Tea (a strong brew with sugar. Most of the country does not know the taste of real iced tea)
  • Peanut Butter (this is what we'll all eat in Heaven)
  • Sweet Onions
  • Cilantro
  • Bull's Eye spicy hot barbecue sauce.
  • Hominy
  • Dorothy's cinnamon rolls

Then there are certain food that when combined are just delicious for me. I have trouble stopping when I start eating:

  • Beans and cornbread, then add fresh diced onion.
  • Tacos (lettuce, cheese, tortilla, meat, hot sauce, oh boy!)
  • Spaghetti with meat sauce and toasted french bread.
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • Tuna sandwich and french fries

I think I'll stop this post. I ate a small breakfast in anticipation of a big dinner, so my blood sugar must be low because thoughts of food keep popping into my head. I'll go get ready to eat. Have a great Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

I love chicken fried steak with biscuits & apricot/jalapeno jam. Or mashed potatoes w/cream of corn. Or Kettle corn w/hot chocolate. Ok...I've got to stop now. =P

Unknown said...

That does sound good. Dorothy had enough hot roll dough left over to make a pan of cinnamon rolls. I hope I survive.

Dawn said...

The cornbread and beans combo is one I hardly ever have, but when I do I always say I've got to have it more often. PB&J should be on fresh white sandwich bread, evenj if it is no good for you, to be truly enjoyable,

Unknown said...

I agree about the white bread. Try this on a pb&j: put potato chips between the bread with the peanut butter and jelly. Also, If the peanut butter doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth, you didn't spread on enough.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I ate before reading this!