Wednesday, November 02, 2005

quote of the day

"Moderation? It's mediocrity, fear, and confusion in disguise. It's the devil's dilemma. It's neither doing nor not doing. It's the wobbling compromise that makes no one happy. Moderation is for the bland, the apologetic, for the fence-sitters of the world afraid to take a stand. It's for those afraid to laugh or cry, for those afraid to live or die. Moderation...is lukewarm tea, the devil's own brew."
--Dan Millman - The way of the Peaceful Warrior

2 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

Hmmm.....I'm trying to see how I can put this saying toward FOOD.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I've read a lot in Eastern and Christian philosophies and moderation is taught univerally as a path toward wisdom, peace, self-control, etc. so I was taken aback when I first read this. Yet it is thought provoking. A whack on the side of the head, perhaps.